Musings about dog life, canine couture, and dog-friendly events.

Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Whoa is me ...


Ah! The joys of puppy parenthood…


Roxie has been a part of my life for more than a year and I’ve seen it all, including waking my husband and I up at 3 a.m. with her newborn whimpers, the biting of our heels because that’s what puppies do, the loose stool after changing her dog food brand too many times, and the chunks of puppy vomit that appears on the floor after she’s tried to eat something she should have.

So why am I so freaked out by own vomit and feces?

This past weekend, I got the horrendous stomach virus that’s been making it’s way up each and every city block in my neighborhood. I can’t tell you how many people I know were knocked down by this nasty illness. It was my turn and I didn’t know it, until I spent 7 hours at work at my new job in Long Island. Geez!

I sat in the company’s bathroom stall for so long that I heard someone whisper in the hallway “psst! There’s a lady sleeping in one of the stalls! Who is it?!” I had just started my job and didn’t want to become a hot topic of discussion so I mustered up the energy to drag myself to my car and start the one-hour commute home. Talk about torture!

I made it home only to start the vomiting and diarrhea all over again. I was so sick that my bathroom looked like a crime scene. Arggh! The sight of it all freaked me out and also made me vomit some more.

So know that I’m nearly recovered, I’m wondering, “how come I can pick up my dog’s hot, steamy poop off a sidewalk in the rain, but I can’t handle my own bodily fluids?”

No comments:

Me and Ro

Me and Ro
Roxie and I attend the 2007 Canine Cocktail Pawty hosted by Jenna Gates

Adopt a Pet

Animal Breed Zip Code