Musings about dog life, canine couture, and dog-friendly events.

Tuesday, January 2, 2007

New Year, New Dog?

OK, so the New Year is upon us and everyone starts rattling off about how they want to be a better person, yadda, yadda. Personally, I’d like to work on my dog’s behavior.

I do take some blame. She’s a bit aggressive toward strangers and I’ve tried many things to nip it in the bud, but mostly my husband and I believed that socialization would break her out of it. Not so!

So, my New Year’s resolution is to work harder on solving our little pesky problem. I am going to enroll her in what humans might call “anger management” classes. Haha! I’ll keep ya posted on how we’re doing.

Check out this very cool image from the Chinese calendar. 2006 was year of the dog -- it certainly was for me!

Got dog training suggestions or recommendations? Post 'em here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

2006 was the year of the dog for me. I got my first dog in > 20 years.

Because she is a Terrier, she has aggression problems too. Mostly she is a growler and then calms right down; however, when we are sitting outside in a restaurant, she becomes very territorial and will growl and bark at any other dog that walks up the block. She is protecting her food source. I have tolerated this behavior, but will no longer do so (I hope).

Monica & Missy P (NYC UP)

Me and Ro

Me and Ro
Roxie and I attend the 2007 Canine Cocktail Pawty hosted by Jenna Gates

Adopt a Pet

Animal Breed Zip Code