Musings about dog life, canine couture, and dog-friendly events.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Honey, Have You Heard of Honeybark?

Last summer, I organized the first-ever doggie sail at the South Street Seaport in Manhattan. (view my photo album) While calling around town looking for unique treats to fill up the nautical-themed goodie bags for the event, I came across Honeybark Bakery in Long Island.

The owner Geri Sim generously offered Honeybark treat samples and they were a big hit among the dogs and owners alike. Trust me I know, Roxie woofed down the star-shaped biscuits with such speed I had to see what the fuss was all about so I sneaked a quick bite. Not bad!

Honeybark’s treats are homemade with organic whole grains, fruits, vegetables and meat free of chemicals. They come in tempting flavors, such as banana bliss, granny’s apple pie, flax happy, and minty kisses to name a few. If you live in the Long Island area, Geri will whip up a "barkday" cake for your dog's special day. They are naturally delicious too.

As a supporter of many charity events in the dog community, I truly believe Geri puts a dollop of love into every dog biscuit she makes by hand.

Honeybark’s packaging is adorable and makes the perfect doggie party favor. Or buy them in bulk and keep on hand to reward your dog anytime.

Honeybark Bakery’s dog biscuits can be found locally at Uncle Guiseppe’s Market in Smithtown, at Fetch in Port Jefferson, and Zoomies in Manhattan. You may also order online: http://www.honeybark.com/

Wags,
Corris & Roxie pup

No comments:

Me and Ro

Me and Ro
Roxie and I attend the 2007 Canine Cocktail Pawty hosted by Jenna Gates

Adopt a Pet

Animal Breed Zip Code