Musings about dog life, canine couture, and dog-friendly events.

Monday, January 22, 2007

Blue Light Special


My latest obsession just arrived in the mail. . .

It was on my Amazon Christmas wish list for two years in a row and no one ever purchased it. That’s the kinda luck I have, everyone buys me things they think I’d like instead of just going off the damn list. That really irks me! But I’ll digress and stay on topic today.

It’s called the Simple Solution 11350 Spot Spotter Ultraviolet Urine Detector and costs less than $20. I have been weirdly intrigued by what you can find with a “blue light.” I secretly wondered, “what kind of yucky doggie fluids will I find in my own home?” Today I get to find out!

I inserted the 8 AA batteries it requires, turned off all the lights in my living room, and at first saw nothing. I thought it didn’t work, but after a few steps I could see a couple spots near Roxie’s wee wee pad were urine. Success!!

I moved on to the kitchen and discovered the microwave door handle was quite filthy and so was the refrigerator door and every single doorknob in our tiny condo. Yikes! Needless to say, I found quite a few surprises in the bathroom where the other “magic happens” and now I’m totally skeeved out. No wonder nasty stomach viruses are lurking inside my home . . . all the doorknobs are incubators for filth and germs!

Funny how I got the blue light to find Roxie's bodily fluids and discovered the humans who trample through my home are the main contributors.

This week, my mission is to clean all the doorknobs in the house along with the rest of our home and then check back with the blue light to make sure I didn’t miss anything. So don't go around telling folks my house is nasty!! LOL

If you’re curious what you may find in your own home, go ahead and order one on Amazon.com I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like those red dye tablets that one chews after brushing one's teeth. The dark red indicates all the plaque that is left!

Me and Ro

Me and Ro
Roxie and I attend the 2007 Canine Cocktail Pawty hosted by Jenna Gates

Adopt a Pet

Animal Breed Zip Code