Musings about dog life, canine couture, and dog-friendly events.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Doggie Discount

Pssst! Do you love to pamper your pooch without looking at the price tag? Good for you!

Well, I'd love to lavish luxuries upon Roxie, but my husband would have a fit and then I'd feel guilty about it. So, to keep our marriage happy, I've become a bigtime sale watcher. Here's a couple bargains I discovered recently:

A friend of mine walked by the Humane Society the other night and noticed in the window that they had beautiful carriers on sale for $10 with the money going to the Humane Society. She said they were from a good company, but she doesn't remember which, and they were very pretty. They are a good buy and the proceeds go to helping dogs. You should check it out if you need an extra carrier.

Stop by the Humane Society and see for yourself! The Humane Society is located on East 59th Street between 1st and 2nd Avenues, closer to 2nd Avenue. It is on the south side of the Queensborough Bridge.


* * *


I read about this doggie discount on the NYCityPets blog:

Housing Works has a deal for dogs and their walkers. Bring a dog into their 90th Street shop on Wednesdays and you get 15% off while your pooch gets a snack. All purchases support Housing Works, an AIDS advocacy organization. How can you say no to that?

Wednesday hours: 11 am-7 pm
1730 2nd Avenue at 90th Street
Phone: 212-722-8306
Subway: 4, 5, 6 Trains to 86th Street

Got information on other discounts? Please post them in the comments and I'll share them in my next post.

Cheers!

No comments:

Me and Ro

Me and Ro
Roxie and I attend the 2007 Canine Cocktail Pawty hosted by Jenna Gates

Adopt a Pet

Animal Breed Zip Code