Musings about dog life, canine couture, and dog-friendly events.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Dog Trainer to the Rescue! Part 2

So, here’s an update on Roxie’s training.

It turns out, she’s very afraid of people wearing big bulky coats, jerky movements by children, and she’s rude in her greeting to other dogs. All this time I thought she was being barky to protect her people, instead she’s trying to protect herself from scary-looking humans on the street.

With our lady trainer’s guidance, we’re using a clicker to train Roxie and it’s helping the situation greatly. Thanks to the clicker and the cheese treats, I am happy to say that Roxie is improving by leaps and bounds. We give her a “click and treat” everytime she sees a human walking near her and anytime a kid crosses her path. We’ve been doing it for several days and I think by spring she’ll be much more at ease and a happier pooch.

My husband and I still have to do our homework and we’re totally committed to the program. Stay tuned!

Woof! Woof!

No comments:

Me and Ro

Me and Ro
Roxie and I attend the 2007 Canine Cocktail Pawty hosted by Jenna Gates

Adopt a Pet

Animal Breed Zip Code